Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Surprise!

So it turns out, I really like Minnesota.

I came to this realization in the last couple days after an awesome and busy weekend. It came to me today driving home through downtown Minneapolis that I've finally, FINALLY started to explore the Twin Cities in the way they deserve. Through High School and College it was always a place to get away to every now and then, a place to kill some time, but always a place of tried and true experiences. We never really branched out.

HOWEVER, since I've been back I've gone to several new bars and restaurants, discovered areas of the city I never really knew existed before, taken advantage of the parks, and actually started to meet some new people. Now not everything I've done was great. There's a particular bar I went to this weekend that was just ridiculous in how trendy it was and how it looked like it belonged in Miami. Solid white walls, DJ in the corner, rooftop bar with trendy drinks and furnishings. Not the worst place, just not my ideal. But much of it has been wonderful. I discovered the lunch deli at Surdyk's (haven't had a chance to check out their wine selection yet but I did have an awesome crab and artichoke melt), I did homework sitting by lake Nikomis, I grabbed tasty treats at Local D'Lish, saw some good stuff at the Guthrie, and so on.

Now This is just a sample really, and I do love the cities. But I'm still ready to get out of here and live somewhere else before I maybe, possibly come back here to settle down. But I now remember why I like home so much.

EDIT: I also forgot how annoying stinky farmland can be. Nothing quite like the shock of passing a poultry farm late at night. EEEEEEEWWWWW.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for exploring Minnesota!
    ~Sweeney

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a switch from c.city. hopefully not too much shock to the system.

    ReplyDelete