Friday, May 8, 2009

Road Trip!!

So.... commencement was on Saturday. Then I packed, loaded up a moving truck, and left Utah at 10:30 AM on Wednesday May 6th. I headed up Interstate 15 then East on 80 through its crazy-awesome desert and on through some serious mountains before hitting Denver. Leaving the Denver area at dark, I headed Northeast on 76 and stopped in Ogallala NE, which is officially my new favorite town name.
Waking up the next morning I departed for the trek across Nebraska around 8:30 AM. Made it home in two days!! ROCK. The odd part was that it was just so suddenly flat. The sun went down as I hit Denver so I couldn't see the terrain for that stretch to Ogallala, then when I woke up it was all flatness of Nebraska. And boy does that make for an interesting drive. But I made it through Nebraska, Iowa, and home to Red Wing by 8:00.
So what got me through it? Musicals! I listened to every musical I had at least once, usually more. I had a few, got some recommendations from people and had a total of 10 musicals to fill my days of travel. 
Road trip is done, now for unloading the truck and getting over this nasty sickness I've got. Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment