Sunday, May 10, 2009

This is an adjustment.

Well, I've finally gotten a little settled at home where I'll be spending the next three months or so. *GULP*

I've been sick since the second day of my trip home and have spent lots of time recovering (i.e. laying in bed or on the couch watching terribly cheesy television). But we turned in the moving truck today and got me mostly settled in my room and my stuff kinda stashed around the house. So of the four bedrooms in our house I've  landed in the tiny room which I lived in from about 1995-1999. It's small. BUT! It comes with all these perks: an old barrel/nightstand, a framed photo of an American flag, a closet half full of my moms old clothes, a painting my grandmother did of Santa Clause, and a taxidermied deer head named Bosco. 

So yeah, I've got a week to spend looking for a car before I start my internship on the 18th. I'm really excited to get going on that and will be looking over every inch of their website and any press coverage I can find. Also the opera is in a super cool area of Minneapolis and my friend from St. Olaf works at a gallery down the street, so there will much mischief at lunch with Lisa!

All of you minnesotans may not want to read the following: So far, being home is less than ideal, and I'm very much feeling like I need to get out of here come August. We'll see how that goes.


2 comments:

  1. You should leave Minnesota. It's unnaturally cold. I'm glad you made it safe though. I bet your internship is amazing - you'll end up staying forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have nightmares of Bosco staring at me and/or impaling me in my sleep.

    ReplyDelete