Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend of FUN!

Alright, it's about time for a big, busy, fun-filled weekend.
First on Friday night I went out with Rachel to celebrate her getting a job.
We went to her favorite wine bar which is now my favorite.
It's a tiny little place tucked in behind the lobby of a hotel downtown and the employees are CRAZY knowledgeable.
They have great tasting flights and a great selection. The best though was the comparison menu.
It gave a really god look at a differences among similar types of wine.

So after that fun night, I decided to get up early and finally try out my neighborhood Farmer's Market.
Yeah... That's right Minnesotan's a farmer's market in February!
It was incredible! I can't wait to summer when it's at the height of produce.
There were such great veggies and fruits available, as well as honey, cheese, wonderful artisan breads, and all manner of food to be had. I started out with a coffee and a cookie called "Alfrajoles." It was a middle aged hispanic couple running the booth and this cookie was HEAVEN! It's basically a sandwich with two amazingly wonderful, crumbly shortbread cookies, and the filling is thick, gooey fleur de sel Caramel... NOM NOM NOM. OH! and covered in powdered sugar.




After that I went in search of my vegetable needs.
I purchased a bundle of carrots, a big bunch of broccoli, two red bell peppers, two lbs. of wonderfully tasty oranges, and two onions, all for less than six dollars. All of that became a tasty stir fry on Sunday night.

OK, after the market I came home and napped a bit. I had been considering going to the Chinese New Year Parade, but wussed out. Then I got a movie invite so took the bus downtown and saw a scary movie followed by an excellent burger at Mel's Drive-In (not an actual drive in unfortunately), a wandering walk through Union Square, and some drinks at a bar in the Castro. Good Night!

Sunday I slept in and then went to explore Golden Gate Park with CJ. We walked by the de Young museum (ugly) and peeked into the Japanese Tea Garden (beautiful), found a lake with paddle boats and a fancy watterfall (beautiful) and a goose (ugly).





After bussing home, going to the gym and making dinner, I'm beat and DONE with an excellent weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment