Thursday, June 18, 2009

Holy crap!

Has it ever been a busy week!
We had an event on Tuesday night which was really fun and had plenty of wine and appetizers. Lot's of interesting people and all around a good time. 

Wednesday was our commercial shoot. So basically I spent the day watching people in a fake shower. It was odd, fun, really interesting, and HILARIOUS! These people we recruited were all amazing and were such hams. The commercial will be amazing. Plus the guys at the production company are just amazing to work with. They're very fun, relaxed and have a great visual eye for what will work on film.

On the Way back to the cities I drove my co-worker Julie as well as an 80 year old woman who was in the commercial. She's the mother of our Production Director and an absolute HOOT. BUT> My left rear tire started disintegrating on I-94 about 20 minutes from downtown. So I pulled out the jack and the donut spare to change it, only the old tire was rusted on! Boo. A state trooper called a highway-helper who sledge-hammered it off, helped replace it and we were on our way (at no more than 50 mph). 

After that fiasco I showered and went to Acme Comedy Company to see Chris in the Funiest Person in the Twin Cities competition. He won that night! and the following acts (especially the headliner) were hilarious. Well done. Finally after a very long day I drove home to Red Wing going under 50 mph because of the donut tire. What normally takes just over an hour was 2 hours. Suck.

Then today at work was the Board of Directors Annual meeting. I didn't have to do anything for this, but there was just a sense of tension, anxiety and ceremony in the air. It all went well from what I heard and development was able to bring in a good chunk of the amount we're short for the fiscal year end which is rapidly approaching (June 30).

So it's been hectic and crazy but I'm loving it. Everyone here cares so much and likes their job and wants to do the best they can. They also appreciate everyone's work so much. Maybe I still have some rose-colored glasses, but it seems that there is a genuine respect and validation in the day-to-day interactions here. Plus they know how, and when to have fun while recognizing that things don't need to be serious every minute of every day.

So with all that behind me I'm taking some time this weekend to relax and enjoy life. Maybe some parties, maybe just some staying in Red Wing for relaxation, movies, and biking. We shall see...


No comments:

Post a Comment